Please do not attend the practice without prior arrangement.
Our practice is now open but we just wanted to be clear that this may not be business as usual. The treatments you are offered may be different to those you received before, depending on staff and equipment available. It will take some time before services return to what you previously experienced as normal. Please be patient.
Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our surgery. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Our practice follows infection control guidelines made by the governing bodies. We are up-to-date on new guidance that has been issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to recommendations.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- Our practice will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again at your appointment
- We have hand sanitiser that we will ask you to use when you enter the practice. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the practice for you to use as
- We no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your
We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
How you can help:
- With the exception of children and patients with carers, patients should come alone
- A distance of at least 2 metres must be observed if another patient is present in the dental practice
- Payment should be made by card where possible
- Staff will not shake your hand
- If you show symptoms following appointment booking, you should contact the practice by phone
- Please do not arrive early to the practice. If necessary, you should wait outside the practice
- Please do not arrive without an appointment
- Patients should come wearing a mask if possible or be prepared to wear
Welcome to Bradley Shorthouse Dental Clinic
Located within the heart of Kidderminster, we provide outstanding dental care and the very latest cosmetic dental procedures all within our friendly relaxed environment. So whether you want to improve the appearance of your smile, or just wish to maintain healthy teeth and gums, you will always receive a warm welcome from the Bradley Shorthouse team.
Our on-going commitment to improving and following the highest industry standards, ensures you get the very best professional advice and treatment to suit your needs.
Serving the local community for over 100 years
We have been serving our local community for over a 100 years! and dentistry has come along way since we were first established in 1885. Our vast experience, and friendly approachable team, means that family generations in Kidderminster have been continually trusting us to deliver outstanding dental care.
At present we see our adult patients privately and children patients on the NHS.
What our patients say!
- I would like to thank Richard for my fantastic new smile. I used to be a heavy smoker and as a consequence had terrible yellowing teeth. I have been hiding my smile for over 20 years and i always kept my mouth closed during any photo op's . After a course of teeth whitening treatment I feel like a new man.Ted PoultanKidderminster
- My gums would bleed regularly. After a quick checkup, Richard recommended I see the Hygienist. She asked me to explain how I brush my teeth. After showing her, she told me to get a softer brush and change my brushing technique. Now my gums never bleed!Mark DownerKidderminster
- I have been using Bradley Shorthouse for over 15 years now and I would not consider using another dentist. All the staff are so friendly and helpful. When I encountered some financial difficulty, Bradley Shorthouse helped me get on a Denplan payment scheme. Thanks for the great advice!Mary Francis-BouleKidderminster
- I was very nervous before the treatment began, but everything went fine. I was very relieved when Pierce allowed me a break in the middle of the procedure so my jaw could rest for a few minutes. Thank you for making it a positive experience for me.Kerry knowlesKidderminster
- When my mum took me to the dentist I started crying in the waiting room because I was very scared of having an injection. But the nurse gave me reassurance and told me not to worry. When I was seeing the dentist the nurse asked me lots of questions about my pet rabbit and I hardly felt the injection. I don't feel scared anymore.Rebecca Wentworth - Age 10Kidderminster